Sunday, December 27, 2015

BOE beauty lipstick swatches and review

Hi lovelies! today I have a review and lip swatch of the iconic brand establishing itself in BigW! you might have heard of it, the $2 range of Boe Beauty? everyone raves about their lip products, on Instagram, and I went and purchased a couple of items as BigW had a sale, and who can resist a sale anyways?

I picked up three of their lipsticks, and three of their lip liners, and I basically got their lipliners for free because if you bought 2 items you got the 3rd free and I think I purchased 8 items in the end lol.

I chose two colours I knew I'd get a lot of wear out of, the nude and the cool toned hot pink, and I chose something more out of my comfort zone, the coral orange. There names are Date night (for the brownie nude one) Primped (for the coral orange one) and Vip (for the pink one) I love all of them! the consistency of these lipsticks are pigmented yet creamy, they actually moisturise my lips and stay on for a good 6 hours before I need to reapply.

 The Primped lipstick I'm currently obsessing over! its so opaque and doesn't tug on the lips, I also really love the colour, its perfect for summer. I kinda feel though its more vibrant in real life than what my camera does for it.
 I never used to be into brown lipsticks but I couldn't pass this one up for $2! its not as opaque but a couple of swipes and it comes along nicely. Perfect for every day and a nice feeling on the lips. I am getting used to wearing browns, I want to get a couple more from their range. This is more a cinnamon brown I think.
My personal favourite out of the three is VIP its meant to be a matte cream, as is Primped. However I think they are too creamy too be a true matte. However I adore cool toned, hot pink lipsticks, and this one is opaque and long lasting just like Primped. I think the matte formula makes it easier to apply ev even though they are still very creamy.

You can see how pigmented Primped and VIP are in these swatches, one swipe and they are very good, but the Date night one is a tad lacking, I do have the matching lip liner and that does help the colour pay off.

Pro's
Very good quality for the price
Easy to obtain
Good colour range

Con's
Only at bigw
cheap packaging


So there you go! my thoughts on three must have lip shades for this summer! what are you wearing on your lips at the moment?

hugs Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author Info

Bonjour & Welcome

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Image Credits

Search