Saturday, February 27, 2016

Just outside of Melbourne, Blue Lotus water garden

Hello all!

What could $17 get you these days? realistically speaking? Maybe a couple of Pizzas, a cheap foundation on special. But if you take a drive outside of Melbourne, to just outside of Yarra Junction you will stumble across a place called, the Blue lotus Water garden, an amazing garden full of, you guessed it, different types of Water lotuses.

bluelotusfarm

This was my lovely friends idea, her name is Shelley, and we have been friends for a couple of years now. And I was jealous of the pictures she had on her instagram page so I forced her, totally against her will, no not really haha we both wanted to go, she wanted to check out parts she hadn't visited as she went two weeks ago.

Shelley is the more practical one out of us, and came prepared for the biting sun that I ended up paying the price for and getting sunburnt down my chest and arms.But it was more than worth it, because I got to experience a special place of Melbourne that I'd never been to with my best fried, if that's not worth $17 then I don't know what is! and please be pre warned, there are lots and lots of pretty pictures of flowers in this post!

 I don't know about you, but I love bridges,I have a thing for bridges, and I'm not really sure where it stemmed from, (cough sorry no pun intended) however they just always feel romantic to me, and I'm not even a romantic person!

 The colours were brighter than life itself, and there were so many different varieties of lotuses, that one actually forgot what we were looking at, and just enjoyed the colour.
 The seed pods of the lotus flowers are so sculptural and pretty! when the seeds are ready to self seed, they literally pop out of those little holes.
 Even the closed lotus flower that was ready, to burst into bloom still looked like art, almost like a folded inwards star.
 We had so much fun exploring the nooks and crannies of the 14 acre property, no we didn't get through it all,but we saw a lot!
 Nature was working hard, bumblebee's and butterflies were everywhere!

 These huge lilly pads claime on a poster they could hold a small childs weight onto them, an that doesn't surprise me because of how huge their structuring is!



 These are more seed pods! I just think they are stunning to look at, so intricate and detailed. They remind me of a zentangle.
 I loved the little hide away's, made me feel like I was in Bali or some place exotic, because it really didn't feel, or look like Melbourne.


 we chose a great day for it, a balmy 22 degree C day, and my sunburn will sooth itself soon, I'm just a sook! haha.
 We tried Lotus chips! these are made from the lotus flower root, which actually looks the same shape as the seed pod! these taste cross between sweet potato and parsnip! I actually really enjoyed them!
so guys and gals leave a comment if you reached this part of the blog! I also have a vlog about it on my youtube channel you can watch!  I do suggest if you can to pack a lunch or bring food with you as food and drink there is pricey, but they aren't open all year around so they do have to make a revenue. Overall I'd happily go there again, and bring family for a fun, colour filled day, one that you might not expect.

Have you been here at all? did you enjoy it?
blue lotus garden vlog

Hugs Jess

2 comments:

Author Info

Bonjour & Welcome

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Image Credits

Search