Sunday, February 14, 2016

a social media rant




Hello all today I have a bit of a makeup related rant! hopefully it ends up on a more positive note, but lets read on shall we?

At the end of the day it can be wiped off, totally clean, like a new beginning, but why is it taken so seriously? to me, it is fun, a self expression, but it doesn't define who I am as a person. What is this that is taken seriously? makeup. It's started trends, coverted products, and has of course brought out the best, and worst in people. If a girl is looked at because she wears a certain makeup then she's called a slut. Makeup however doesn't mean you sleep around with numerous partners, and who cares if you do? to me makeup is a personal thing, if I choose to wear it, its not because of others.
 Being singled out because of the way we look is disheartening but learning self confidence is an art. As is the art of makeup in itself, the thing I love about makeup is that there are no rules. You could transform into another person totally on the outside with the imagery of cosmetics. I use makeup like therapy, it brings me up when I am feeling down, I use it like a distraction technique, but I also just love all things makeup.  I've had positive and negative comments on my social media, luckily I have thick skin. For those that don't though, I find it sad, people like Esseno O'Neill coming out with that everyone on ig is fake, or at least explaining why she did what she did.

If we choose to examine why we are so judgemental as humans, are we jealous of the other person? what makes us comment on social media whether or not its positive or negative? makeup can actually influence behaviours. If a girl decides to not wear makeup she is labelled, or if a guy wears makeup he is emo, or gay.

I've always said labels are for jam jars, and expectations are just that, we don't need to live up to them. 

What are your thoughts on social media, makeup and some peoples behaviours?

hugs Jess

3 comments:

  1. i have seen more hatred toward those who wear makeup ("why wear makeup? it's so fake?" blah blah blah) vs those who don't wear makeup. like idc if one wears it or not. i wear it for me. i like myself better in it, but i do post pics of me without it.

    ReplyDelete

Author Info

Bonjour & Welcome

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Image Credits

Search