Sunday, April 13, 2014

Covergirl Eye Enhancers Eye Shadow Kit 4 Colors #205 Tropical Fusion review



Hello lovelies, a stunningly sunshiny day today for us! been loving this kind of Autumn weather we have been having. Perfect for doing things outside without wearing too many layers! anyhow I am reviewing this little eye shadow quad from Cover girl. So I'm going to use this one more to step out of my comfort zone and will wear it tomorrow when I volunteer at the thrift shop which I've started doing in the last couple of weeks.







Covergirl Eye Enhancers Eye Shadow Kit 4 Colors #205 Tropical Fusion

I picked it up because I wanted try some bold and bright colors as I tend to go for the usual safe colors as well I feel safe wearing them such as browns, beige and so on. I haven't worn this much however I am surprised at how much pigment is in each color. I picked this up from Target for $3 when they were clearing out a huge lot of make up. I thought well for $3 why not?

 Indeed why not? well I have used so far the orange, the teal and the blue just not the lime green even though it is rather pretty. Just not sure how well it will suit my skin tone maybe if I use it to enhance another look as a pop of color with other muted colors perhaps. The colors do seem to compliment each other however would you wear them all at once? probably not. But great for a colorful Spring or party look. 


The swatches look so pretty! so vibrant however this eye shadow in particular is a tiny bit chalky but still easy to blend. I do like using it even though it does have a chalky issue. 


It consists of four bright shimmery shades, because they are not as vibrant on the skin as in the packaging I do think it would wear well for day time use, especially if using a lid primer to begin with. The product does stay well on my lids however oily skin might have trouble. 

My thoughts is that I'm glad I didn't pay full price but I'm not sorry I purchased the product. It's nice to have a variety of different colors but they do not par well with each other as a whole, individual colors look best on the lid or as a pop of color blended with a muted color. 

Over all I give this product a 5 out of 10 

What are you trying to get out of your comfort zone? 

Jess

9 comments:

  1. Looks really great. I love these spring colors!
    Have a nice day, dear♥
    http://theshimmeroflife.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! i love bright colors but i am kind of scared to wear them on my face lol :) thank you for stopping by my blog and following! ofc I will follow back :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are lovely but I agree they definitely don't match! I'm trying to wear more lipstick because iI only ever wear clear gloss eek, wish me luck!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Izzy I love lipsticks haha was converted at the end of last year from lipglosses now I'm obsessed! you can get glossy lipsticks too that aren't too full on goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bright colours, i too will be wearing bright eyeshadow this summer!

    If you have a spare minute pretty please could you vote for me as 'Best Personal Style Blog Newcomer' at Company Magazine's Style awards 2014? It only takes a few seconds and I would really appreciate it! To vote please follow this link: http://www.company.co.uk/magazine-hq/company-style-blogger-awards-2014

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours - they look like a blend of both tropical and the aqua trend! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    *I follow back on Bloglovin' and Twitter*

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and I'd like to say, that is amazing! You have awesome design, beautiful photos and interesting posts!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? (Let me now in my blog)

    Blue & Birds (click here)

    -Mary Rigby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovelies thank you for taking the time to follow and comment it means so much to me being a new blogger! Mary Rigby I can't access that link sadly email me at bluebellbunny23 @ yahoo.com.au if you want and Emma I'll vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that it takes a lot of creativity and confidence to wear/pull off colors like that! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Author Info

Bonjour & Welcome

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Image Credits

Search