Saturday, April 12, 2014

Wildlife day


My first non beauty related post!
be aware cute animals coming.
Hello all I am back from our day of work placement and gosh what a day for our very first day, started at 10am and we began by shoveling out the muck from the Kangaroo and wombat pens. Then we cleaned out possum cages and fed baby Kangaroo's which was so very sweet.

By lunch I was starting to feel a bit achy not used to a shovel! haha but was worth it, we pulled off bush ticks from this wombat that I made friends with. Her name is Molly and I was lucky to find two abscess that were very much infected in her. We took her to the vet, one got lanced and we were on our way back where I found the 2nd abscess and wen't back to the vet but they were closed. As the vet didn't use a local to numb any pain we drained it ourselves, my hubby lanced the infected abscess and I pushed out the infected pus. Poor thing felt a lot better without it all out. (yes of course we had given permission from our manager to help the wombat in such a way) we basically did what the vet would have done anyways.

 Here is Molly recovering in her treatment pen
 little Joey I had just fed


me snuggling Molly
what did you get up to today?
J

4 comments:

  1. What a great place to have a work placement! So cute x

    www.dangerouslydelilah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did good work for the animals! molly & you are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day you had, and that wombat on your lap is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Author Info

Bonjour & Welcome

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Image Credits

Search