Tuesday, January 5, 2016

elf hd mattifying cream foundation

Hi lovelies! today's review is on the elf hd mattifying cream foundation, oil free. I purchased this on Iherb.com, which is a great site for picking up different things, a lot cheaper than you would in store. At least here in Australia I've found that to be true. I paid just under $5 for this product, and you get 95 grams worth of it in the pan. I do have a rather large foundation collection and I think I will need to use up some before I purchase any more! anyone else like me on this?

 This foundation is versatile! it can be built up to a full coverage look, or sheered out for the no makeup effect and you will still be covered.To me even though it says mattifying it doesn't give a true matte finish, more a demi matte or satin finish. I have dry sensitive skin, and find this foundation hydrating even though it says oil free. I use my fingers, beauty blender or Nude by nature kabuki brush to blend it into my skin, and it gives it a natural finish that doesn't streak.


 The shade range could be expanded in this but I chose the shade porcelain, to match my very fair skin. It's more yellow when swatched which I like as I have areas of skin that tend to look quite red.

 The product itself is actually much bigger than what I expected which is a nice surprise because, usually its the other way around. The packaging is sturdy in its two level casing, and it comes with a mirror!
Pro's not cakey, dewy and long lasting, good price
Cons not enough shade range, I need to purchase this online

I enjoy wearing this foundation! its a great every day wear, and seems to work well with being set with a powder for an all day last. It feels almost like the Rimmel London 25 hour wear with comfort serum, to me. 

Have any of you tried this? what were your thoughts as I've seen mixed reactions to this foundation by Elf.

Hugs 
Jess




7 comments:

  1. great post
    would you like to follow each other?
    I'll follow back after it

    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love e.l.f cosmetics, I need to try this.
    Have a wonderful day,
    xoxo

    Johanna ♥
    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love elf products too! I rarely try their foundations though usually their blushes

      Delete
  3. the silica in this broke me out, so i was only able to test it once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really? that sucks! I didn't know silica did that!!

      Delete

Author Info

Bonjour & Welcome

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Image Credits

Search