Saturday, November 15, 2014

Handmade natural soap made by me!

Hello all we had a fantastic storm last night, with a great electrical display of lightning as well.
But I digress. Today I'm showing you, a project I've been working on. A week and a half ago I went to a soap making class. I have always wanted to try my hand at making soaps. And it was such a lot of fun and so informative

I made an olive oil based soap and added paprika and poppy seeds to it.
 This is my first ever hand made soap and I'm so proud of how its turned out! I can't use it for a few weeks yet because it still has to actually set. It's all natural and should be really lovely to use, this big loaf of soap will be sliced into about 6 bars of soap. I'll be giving them as part of my Christmas gifts to family and friends.
 I love the texture from the poppy seeds, it'll be great as a way of getting rid of rough skin and will be really soothing as well. I love natural products so much.
 Now I know how to go about making my own soaps at home from scratch I'll be making up some more! it will be a fun new hobby that's for sure.
Have you guys ever made anything like this?
hugs Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author Info

Bonjour & Welcome

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Image Credits

Search