Monday, September 14, 2015

Maybelline the nudes palette first impressions and swatches

Hello lovelies! isn't it typical that I survive all through winter without getting sick and the first week of Spring hits and I get bronchitis? I'm currently on antibiotics, pain relief, and fluids but I had to pick up some groceries last night and this is where this newbie pops in.


I was hoping to get this on a half off sale that Maybelline does every now and again, but I was waiting and waiting, to no avail. I paid full Aud price of $20.00. Which might seem like a lot but its still cheaper and handier to get in store than online. I've seen American prices range from $9.99 and $12.99. So with that said the inflated price of Australian purchasing wasn't too bad. But I'm probably justifying that to my wallet lol.

 I was intrigued by the palette options, quads, trios, duos, I love how its similar in design by the way you use the eye shadows to urban decay Vice 3 palette. You have rows of options in that palette and this one also gives you a similar direction.
 Most of the swatches showed up apart from the lightest colours! which I was anticipating anyways. But I do love the colours and think this will work well.
The first quad is the neutral shades, four lovely shades that you could easily pair up with other colours from your make up stash. The first shade is actually a stunning cream shade, not white how it looks in the pan. The second quad is the bronze shades, or the warm shades. The one lack lustre shade is the gold, its more a wash, rather than a opaque shade. However I still think you could work it.

The cool toned quads are nice, the black a little crumbly in my opinion and not a true black. More of an onyx.

What are your thoughts on this palette?

hugs Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author Info

Bonjour & Welcome

Blog Archive

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Image Credits

Search